- Austin is in full swing in law school, aka non-existent, so I decided to spend my time training for a half marathon. (Don't get too proud of me. See November for the results) :(
- We hit up our fourth annual Octoberfest.
October 2011: Thus began my cooking/baking obsession! Thanks to pinterest, every night's dinner was a new creation and Austin's law school buddies become my guinea pigs for all my new creations. They never complained. Actually, they kept making request.
- Hurt my knee on one of my last runs before the big half. I had to drop out of the race. I've never felt so proud of myself and have never been in that great of shape. Maybe next year!
- Went to Penn State to support Joe Pa and watch the Nittany Lions.
December 2011: Busy month!
- First was our Pinterest Party. Every girl brought a food creation from pinterest as well as crafts for the other girls. What a blast! Can't wait for this year's party!
- Then, I had surgery to remove my plate from when I broke my arm the last Christmas. The plus side? My creative, third grade teaching mother concocted a new ornament out of my plate. Oooh shiny!
- Then, we went to San Antonio to watch RGIII and the Bears dominate in the Alamo Bowl! Sic 'Em!
- New Year's with the Chambers is never dull!
- Austin bought me a camera for Christmas and decided I needed to take a photo course. Not any course, but a COLLEGE COURSE AT NORTHLAKE. Can you detect the frustration in my voice? I'm not creative nor do I care about minor details so this course was a love/hate relationship. In the end, SIXTEEN PROJECTS LATER, I found a new appreciation for photography and I improved...slightly. I will NOT be taking Photo II.
February 2012: Austin is officially OVER law school. Harley is pretty over it too!
March 2012: I was elected to be an officer of the Baylor's Women's Network. Baylor Christmas Party, watch out! Paige is in charge and she LOVES Christmas! Here I am with Jenna and Becky at Baylor's Going for the Gold Gala.
May 2012: I GOT A NEW JOB!!! I have loved teaching at De Zavala in Irving for the past four years but felt the urge to make a move. I love Frisco and can't wait to start this fall at Vandeventer. Yep, that is the real name my cheerleaders will have to yell. Here is my school still being built. Fingers crossed it is done by August!
I'm going to miss my sweet DZ kids. :(
- Took a trampoline class with Hollis! Always a good time.
- I turned the big 3-0. Austin threw me a party at Taco Diner including my favorite cake from The Cake Guys and then took me to Fredricksburg for some wine and relaxation. And a little peach pickin' when Austin was sleeping.
- We also went to Aspen to celebrate Bobby and Megan's wedding. So beautiful!
- Austin started his new fancy internship. Fancy because he gets paid! Yea! Fingers crossed it turns into a future job.
- Spent the fourth in our usual spot...in our secret parking garage watching Kaboomtown fireworks.
- My adorable niece, Campbell, turned 2! Big girl!
- Taught cheerleading camp to precious 4-10 year olds. I'm so used to my 8th graders so this age group was eye opening!
Coming up: more Campbell time, lots of training for my new school, a trip to San Francisco, Miss Abby Chambers turns 1, and the Bachelorette finale. Woo hoo! I love summer.
Yea Paige!!!! One thing marked off my checklist. 50 more to go. Hopefully my next blogpost won't be Austin graduating from law school or me and my 2 kids. I'll try to be better!!!