“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

-Maya Angelou

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday B-O-B!


My stepdad Bob (or loving referred to as B-O-B) turned 80 on Wednesday. What did he do for his 80th birthday you ask? He swam 80 LAPS! He is the healthiest, most disciplined person I know. In honor of his birthday, I'd like to share some other things that I love about My Bob.

He is patient and kind. When my parents married, I was in the 6th grade and was stubborn as all get-out. (Luckily, I've out grown that part of my life...ok that's up for debate). I had the hardest time understanding my math homework and Bob, who had already raised 5 children, took the time and patience for hours each night to help me. I'd get so frustrated with him, math, life, anything around me but he never gave up. Thanks Bob! He is also loving and generous. Bob loves my brother and me like we were his own kids. He is a big part of who I am today. Bob has given me so much to be thankful for. In a funny way, Austin is so much like Bob. Maybe that is part of why I married him. Bob and Austin will sit for hours working on a project or just doodling around. It is very neat to see how they truly appreciate and enjoy each other's company. They have very similar thinking processes. Great minds think I like I guess. :) I am thankful to have such great people in my life especially a wonderful guy like Bob Foley. Thanks for all you do for me Bob! I love you.

Birthday dinner at Pappas Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment