“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

-Maya Angelou

Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Beginnings

Couldn't think of a better way to kick off the last day of summer/beginning to a new school year by starting a BLOG! This has been on my to-do list for some time and I've finally found enough time (in between all my baking, Bachelor watching, Campbell loving, book reading, laying out, zumba-ing, and many other summer activities!)

The summer started with Austin taking his LSAT and he did amazing! So proud of him and all the hard work he put into studying last winter/spring. Now we are looking at schools and all the cool cities we might have to move to. I'd be sad to leave Irving but we'd welcome a 3 year change if the opportunity arises. Way to go Austin!

A week later, two of my favorite people moved back to Texas, Jared and Stacey Chambers. Stacey and I have been the best of friends since Baylor and I'm so glad they are back in TX. They are temporarily living with her parents which is right down the road...yea! We've had the most fun stirring up trouble in the metroplex. Our summer has consisted of working out, laying out, watching the Bachelorette and now on to the Bachelor Pad, belly dancing lessons, happy hour dates, shopping, cooking, Rock Band, and any crazy Groupon that is offered. Hey, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Welcome back Chambers!

July was a wonderful month! First the birth of my beautiful niece, Campbell Virginia. Courtney is such a sweet mother and Campbell is such a gentle baby. It is crazy how much she is starting to look and act like Evan. (Campbell is a very serious baby and thinks a lot, like her daddy.) Isn't she a doll?!?!

Then, Austin and I were off to Jamaica for some R&R. We stayed at the beautiful Iberostar Resort in MoBay. We didn't consider ourselves an "all-inclusive" kind of couple but I think we might of convinced ourselves otherwise. We were spoiled rotten with beautiful views and drinks galore! What a fun vacation!
August is here and that means DZ is a callin'. Can't wait to meet my new students tomorrow! I already miss my crazy kids from last year.

Off to get my lunch ready and clothes ironed for my first day back.

Here's to a wonderful summer and a great fall!

3 comments:

  1. Paige I love your blog! How fun it will be to follow your adventures, and you better post all of your delicious recipes, too! Your pics are beautiful, gorgeous girl... can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to be back!! I'm proud of you for finally starting the blob. Check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! It's so fun :) You're gonna LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete